Am I alone in saying that I love to watch the Disney TV movies? Lemonade Mouth is on right now and the girls have been in bed for about 30 minutes but I can’t turn it off….and I will probably be singing “Determinate” for the next week. I don’t remember movies like this when I was a Tween….maybe the ABC After School specials, but they didn’t have the music and dancing that these movies have. They’re just fun is all. Camp Rock, Teen Beach Movie, High School Musical….
Anywhooo…lets move on to cookies, shall we?
Don’t let the electric blue buttercream frosting fool you. These sugar cookies need no frosting or icing. They are melt in your mouth delicious and my favorite sugar cookies I have ever made. You will love them, too!
Now don’t get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with adding electric blue buttercream frosting to these, but they just taste so good on their own. Taylor was adamant about frosting cookies bright blue so we did!
Source: Taste of Home
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter oil and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time until blended and then add vanila.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add the the creamed mixture.
- Drop by small scoops onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.