This is a recipe that is found in one of my Southern Living Cookbooks – Easy Weeknight Favorites. I just love the flavor in the sauce for this chicken -it actually reminds me of the flavoring that goes on Chex Mix with butter, garlic and Worcestershire sauce among other things. Yum.
One of the areas I really want to focus on with this blog are easy weeknight dishes and meals. I think all parents are looking for easy but relatively healthy dishes to cook for the family on weeknights. I know I always am. I usually serve this chicken with rice and peas. This dish has so much flavor, it is honestly one of our favorite meals and it is one that I repeat often. Funny – this is another dish my mom picked out first and it became my favorite. See a pattern here??
Enjoy, and if you would like to see other easy weeknight dishes on my blog just click on the category in the sidebar!
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder OR 1 Large Clove Garlic crushed
- 4 Skinned & Boned Chicken Breast Halves
- Combine first six ingredients; stir well.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Pour butter mixture over chicken. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 min. Uncover and bake 10 mins more.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Serve chicken and, if desired, juices over rice.