**I just linked up my Broccoli in Herbed Butter to Side Dish Saturdays on Cinnamon Girl Recipes
I thought this would be a good drink to post on the Friday before a holiday week. You might have everything to make this tomorrow morning as a matter of fact. You do need to be careful when you start drinking early on a Saturday however. Not that I would know:-)
I love tomato juice, so this drink is a natural favorite of mine. I like it spicy and although I didn’t include it in this drink, I love a Bloody Mary chock full of horseradish. While I was doing a little bit of research on the Bloody Mary, I found a list of different varieties. Here are a few that I thought were particularly interesting.
Bloody Bishop – Sherry replaces the vodka (I’m not so sure about this one)
Bloody Cab – Cabernet replaces the vodka (This could be good…I love red wine in tomato sauce – is that the same idea??)
Bloody Geisha – Sake replacing the vodka (This sounds like fun!)
Bloody Pirate – Dark Rum replacing the vodka (This is also called a Cubanito and is served in Havana)
Bloody Bull – Beef Bouillon added to the vodka (I like these – yum)
Bloody Caesar – Clamato Juice replacing the tomato juice (I have never had this but I bet it’s good)
So, enjoy this classic drink. This is a good base recipe, but you can certainly spice this up or change it around as much as you would like. Who knows, maybe you can even coin your own variation. Enjoy!
- 1.5 oz vodka
- ½ cup low sodium tomato juice
- a few splashes lemon juice
- a few splashes Worcestershire
- Tabasco to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Celery Stalks for each glass
- Lemons for garnish
- Combine vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice Worcestershire, and Tobasco over a cup of ice cubes. Shake will and pour over a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Place a celery stalk in each glass and garnish with a lemon wedge if desired.
- Other ingredients that can be added include horseradish, creole seasoning or jalapeno slices.