I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. We had a nice time. We stayed home and had dinner by ourselves (which made for lots and lots of leftovers) but spent a lot of time outdoors with neighbors so we were definitely not lonely. We also had new hardwood floors put in downstairs so that was very exciting.
Needless to say, the weekend flew by and now here we are. Hello Monday – no, I really didn’t miss you:-).
Oh well, sometimes it feels good to get back into the swing of things (I will keep telling myself that today.)
I love Mexican food and I am actually kind of surprised that I don’t have more Mexican recipes here on the blog. It’s probably because my Mexican inspired meals are kind of just things we whip up vs. actual recipes. This pizza isn’t really a recipe either, but it was really good, so I did think it was “blogworthy.”
This was a joint effort between Jim and I. It turned out great and I loved the refried bean layer. I also couldn’t get enough of the pickled jalapeno’s that we spread out on top. We used some leftover grilled chicken, but you could certainly leave the chicken off and you would have a great (and very filling) meatless pizza.
Spicy Mexican Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe pizza crust
- 1 can refried pinto beans
- Shredded chicken
- 10-12 oz freshly shredded colby jack cheese
- Sliced Onion
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare pizza crust according to directions
- Spread refried beans on the crust and then top with salsa, chicken, cheese, sliced onion and jalapeno's. Broil in the oven until the cheese starts to bubble and nicely brown. Sprinkle with cilantro.