This week has been hectic. Our potluck is tomorrow at work so I need to get up bright and early to bake some cookies (for our 2nd annual cookie competition) and make crab dip! Wish me luck:-).
This cookie got rave reviews from family and co-workers. They are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside with a perfect deep chocolate flavor. The confectioners sugar not only looks pretty but adds a subtle sugar flavor that tastes wonderful against the fudgy chocolate cookie. This would have been a great entry for the competition, however, since I already brought them in to work I need to make something different.
Source – What’s Gaby Cooking
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine cocoa, sugar and oil in a mixer and combine until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix again until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and stir with a whisk until everything is combined. Slowly add to the chocolate mixture and mix until everything is combined.
- Place dough covered in the fridge and let chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 and then scoop out tablespoon sized balls and roll between your palms. Roll in powdered sugar and give each dough ball a good coating. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes and let cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.