I am going to go out on a limb and say that these are the best muffins ever to grace the planet. They really are that good.
Apparently some people agree with me (or I agree with them) because these Banana Crumb Muffins are the top rated recipe on Allrecipes.com.
I have made these for a few years now and I don’t think I could ever tire of them. The muffin itself can stand on its own, but it’s also hard to think of them without the streusel topping.
I even made them this time with white whole wheat flour and they were still amazing. I actually don’t think you could tell any difference.
They are easy to whip together, too….and we all know you have extra bananas that you didn’t get to eat before they turned too ripe.
So make these soon…I bet it won’t be the last time you make them:-)
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 or 12 muffin pans (depending on how big you want them.)
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, baking powder and salt) and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Combine the banana mixture with the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons four and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter with a fork until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkler topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Also Linked Up to Talking Dollars and Cents’ Sweet Temptations