If you are looking for some fish recipes for lent this is a great easy dish to try! You could probably use any white flaky fish – haddock would be great but Cod was perfect for this. It takes minutes to prepare and the flavor is great. The panko gives this fish a very nice crunch, which everyone really liked.
For the tartar sauce I just mixed up some mayonnaise (light), relish, minced onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I don’t have a recipe but just mix it up to taste.
Here are some other yummy fish recipes to try as well:
Blackened Grilled Mahi Mahi (my all-time favorite way to eat fish)
Adapted from Rachael Ray
Oven Roasted Cod with Panko and Herbs
- 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs I used panko
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley I used dry about 1 tsp but fresh parsley would be great
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 lemon zested
- Coarse salt
- 4 6 to 8-ounce cod fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Pile parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little coarse salt on the cutting board. Finely chop the lemon-garlic mixture, then add to the plain bread crumbs. Add a little of the olive oil to this and toss gently with your fingers until the oil lightly coats the breadcrumbs.
- Lightly brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and dip in to the bread crumb mixture. Brush a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a baking pan then place fillet in the pan, crust side up. Roast fillets in oven about 12 to 15 minutes.