This is one of my favorite easy weeknight meals and I haven’t made it in so long. My mom used to make this way back when and it is in the little recipe book she wrote for me a few years back. It’s sooo good. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor to the chicken and the sauce. I used the Barilla plus thin spaghetti which is my favorite. Paired along with a light side salad it’s really not a bad meal!
I can always tell how much Jim likes a meal based on whether he wants to take it with him to work the next day. When I went to look the next day, all the leftovers were gone. Which was fine – it just means I will need to make it again soon.
Chicken and Bacon Spaghetti
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti - cooked per package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Crushed red pepper - optional
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet and crumble, reserving 2 tablespoons of pan drippings.
- Cook chicken in pan until browned and then remove.
- Cook carrots and garlic until softened and then add sauce.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. When chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove from sauce and slice on the diagonal.
- Toss cooked spaghetti in olive oil and crushed red pepper and then add to the sauce and toss (depending on how much sauce you like on your pasta you may not want to add the full pound.)