My uncle used to (maybe he still does) prepare his own horseradish and wow was it strong. The kind you buy in the store has nothing on that stuff. I remember one time my brother opened a container and told me to take a whiff. The smell was so strong that I felt like something hit me in the back of the head. It’s a wonder I like it as much as I do these days.
This is a great sauce, especially if you love horseradish like I do. I put it on my corned beef, but it’s also great on roast beef. A roast beef sandwich would be extra yummy with this sauce slathered on the top. Grilled Salmon would taste great paired with this sauce, too…(that actually gives me an idea for later this week!)
I’m sure you can come up with some other ways to use this – it’s so good and so simple. Enjoy!
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream you can sub half of this for mayo
- 4-5 tablespoons prepared horseradish to taste depending on how spicy you like things
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of Paprika
- Combine all ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Chill for 20 minutes prior to serving.
- ***If you want your sauce thicker it's a good idea to drain some of the liquid from your horseradish.****