I love traveling and visiting family, but I feel like I am always unpacking for days when we get home. We got home late yesterday afternoon and between dropping off Ella at singing class on the way back and picking up Bailey we didn’t eat dinner until 7:15. We almost forgot that the kids had school the next day and had to be getting ready for bed soon.
I spent today catching up from being gone from work for 2 days and doing laundry. Needless to say I am a bit tired and out of sorts. I have some pictures to share in the next few days of our trip.
However, I just had to share this wonderful recipe with you. Do you like salty and sweet? If you don’t then I just don’t really know what to say to you. Plus, I am too tired to argue right now so I guess you are off the hook. Maybe these will change your mind. If you do like salty and sweet, then you will adore these blondies. The pretzel flavor in a blondie is pure genius.
Source: Adapted slightly from Food and Wine
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Blondies
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- One 12-ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Slowly add both eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl add flour, soda and salt. Combine with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed pretzels and mix just until combined.
- Spread into a greased 9X13 pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack before cutting.