This is my go-to flank steak recipe. Sometimes I will double the marinade and heat it up while the steak is cooking and then serve both the steak and marinade (and some broccoli) over rice.
As I mentioned in my other flank steak post you definitely want this steak to marinate for a while and it works really well when you score it before grilling.
Flank steak is one of the more lean cuts of beef and this particular recipe tastes great in a salad, too. It is really versatile.
We almost always grill this, but if it is a rainy day, we might throw this on top of our cast iron stove top griddle with equal success.
If you have never had flank steak before give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
Asian Grilled Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (use Golden Monkfruit for Keto/Low Carb)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 flank steak 1.5 - 2 pounds
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Add flank steak and ensure that the marinade is evenly distributed throughout the bag. Close and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove steak from refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling. Lightly score steak in a criss cross pattern on both sides.
- Heat grill to a medium high heat and grill for about 6 minutes on each side.