This is another one of my mom’s recipes. Such a great way to use fresh strawberries. You can use a store bought crust to make this super simple or a homemade crust just makes this even more irresistible!
This is a great treat for your Memorial Day BBQ. Have a great weekend everyone!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 prepared pie crust we usually use a graham cracker crust, but a pastry crust would work well, too
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 oz. package strawberry jello
- Freshly whipped cream
- Cut stems off strawberries and leave whole or at least in large pieces. Place in pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Continue on low heat for 2 minutes until it thickens and is clear.
- Add jello to mixture. Stir and pour, while hot, evenly over strawberries. Chill until set.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream