I decided to make these one morning when I really wanted a cinnamon roll, but only had time to make biscuits (ok, that is every morning.)
These were just as good as a cinnamon roll……in a biscuit kind of way. They aren’t as sweet and gooey, but they are buttery with a nice cinnamon sugar flavor – which I really like.
Girls both gave a big thumbs up and begged to have the leftovers the next morning.
If you like biscuits as much as I do, try these other great recipes
Source: Taste of Home
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- Melted butter
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.