Do you have a crazy, insane person in your house that doesn’t like banana muffins or banana bread?
I do, so I decided to try a recipe that disguised the banana with chocolate (and more chocolate) and guess what? It worked! My crazy, insane, banana bread-hating child decided that banana and chocolate is good. Yummy in fact!
I have made these muffins a bunch of times and they have quickly become a favorite – even with my traditional banana bread loving family members. They are incredibly moist and the taste of chocolate and banana is surprisingly good.
Mini chips are a great choice for these muffins because they don’t overpower the banana flavor with too much chocolate. Not that you can really have too much chocolate. I’m just talking balance here people:-)
For some other yummy banana recipes give these a try!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 6 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients (flour through baking powder). Mix together with a whisk so all dry ingredients are evenly distributed. In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are done.
Source: Taste of Home