I had this salad one night at my gym and decided the minute I tried it that I needed to recreate it at home. I wanted to get something light because I was going to eat my real dinner later, but just needed something to hold me over while the girls went swimming. The salad had wilted spinach mixed in which I would probably add the next time I make this, but I put mine over baby arugula because that is what I had.
I get sun-dried tomatoes at Trader Joe’s in a 3 ounce bag and they are perfect for this salad. They aren’t packed in oil, but they are julienned so you can just drop them right from the bag into this salad. The olive oil in the salad softens them up perfectly.
I hope you enjoy this yummy salad!
Chickpea, Sundried Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 3 oz package of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of crushed red pepper optional
- Arugula for salad
- Combine all ingredients except arugula in a bowl and mix until combined. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve over a plate of arugula. Enjoy!