This is a great recipe to take to a 4th of July party. You could add blueberries -how cute? I took this to a BBQ last month and it was a huge hit. Taylor didn’t have any at the party and was sad to hear that there wasn’t any left when we got home that night.
We served in little plastic cups to keep things from getting too messy.
The angel food almost melts into the cheesecake mixture which I liked a lot. You could also layer the angel food cubes in between the cheesecake and strawberry layers if you wanted more of a traditional trifle look.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip thawed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 angel food cake torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy; add sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract; set aside.
- Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold in cake pieces; set aside.
- Combine strawberries and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Layer in a large glass bowl, starting with 1/4 of the strawberries, then adding 1/3 of the cake mixture.
- Continue layering; finish with strawberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap; and chill several hours.