Want a fun way to cook salmon? This was so yummy and the citrus butter is great on lots of different things….veggies, bread, a spoon…..
This technique is nice because the salmon cooks right on the orange slices and you don’t have to worry about the fish sticking to the grates.
This great recipe comes from Everyday Food magazine.
- Fish - we used a little over a pound of salmon
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced citrus - we used oranges
- Fresh herbs - we used cilantro
- Flavored butter (below)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange guice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Set up grill for indirect cooking and heat to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sliced citrus on cooler side of grill and top with some fresh herbs and fish; dab flavored butter on fish. Cover and cook until fish is opaque in center. We cooked our fish skin side up for ten minutes and then flipped for another 15 or so minutes.
- To make the citrus butter, mash together butter, grated orange zest, fresh orange juice, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, and salt.
This post has been linked up with