When I make cookies or any type of dessert I always like to ask for feedback (or maybe I should call it validation) from my kids….here is how it usually goes down:
Me: (tucking Ella into bed….) So, Ella were the cookies good??
Ella: (probably rolling her eyes inside of her head)Yes, they were SOOOOO Good!!
Me: So are you saying they are your favorite cookies??
Ella: Yes, Momma they were the best cookies ever!!!!
Me: So on a scale of 1 to ten what would you rate them?????
Ella: UGH – MOM! Ok, a 9.5…Good night.
Me: So, you are saying they were good?
This is what I like to call “Cookie Validation.” Sometimes it comes in the form of an empty Tupperware container. Sometimes it comes in the form of a thank you note home from a teacher….and sometimes it unabashedly comes from a thorough grilling of my children at bedtime. Hey, you take what you can get, right??
I shared the assembly instructions earlier this week for a fun cookie stack cake you can make for someone special’s birthday. I promised that I should share the awesome cookie recipe that made up that cake so here it is.
I am absolutely in love with the dough in these cookies (in a cookie love sort of way.) You can add whatever mix-ins you would like, but this dough is amazing. These cookies have a slightly crispy outside and a really soft chewy middle. They keep their shape pretty well (I think it is the cornstarch) so they don’t flatten a whole lot. I love that. If you want some chocolate chip cookies that flatten out and are more crispy (but still chewy on the inside) try these chocolate chippers.
When I make cookies I always use my Pampered Chef medium scoop. Not only does it make it really easy to portion the cookies onto your cookie sheet, but it also keeps the cookies a nice round shape.
So seriously, try these cookies out. My kids love them and they have been a big hit with kiddos everywhere we have taken them…..and if kids love your cookies – well, isn’t that what it’s all about?
Source: Cookies and Cups
Perfect Cookie Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite candy or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream the butter and sugars for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and kosher salt. Combine with a whisk so thoroughly mixed.
- To the butter mixture add the egg and vanilla and combine on low-speed.
- Add in the flour mixture and continue to beat on low-speed until just combined.
- Add your mix-ins and mix so everything is well-distributed.
- Using your medium cookie scoop drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack,.