Jim could happily eat hamburgers any time, all the time. While I love a nice juicy cheeseburger with all the toppings if I ate that every day I would be at the gym way more than I would care to be. So, we very often opt for just lean burgers with no cheese – extra ketchup and maybe some onion soup mix or grilled onions mixed in.
While I do eat them happily, a burger like that isn’t my first choice. So when I saw this recipe for Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole, I knew we could switch up our burger eating ways. While the all-beef burger has not gone away in our house, we have a new addition to our burger mix. And this is my type of burger (add some bacon and you have perfection:-).) Jim loves it, too.
This burger has everything I like. Heat, cheesiness (without being too cheesy), some smoky flavor from the grill, spice, saltiness and Guacamole! In my opinion you cannot leave off the guac on this one because it just brings this whole sandwich together. As a matter of fact if I can’t find a ripe avocado I will probably wait on this one and just have a hamburger….but that’s just me. And I am definitely adding a few slices of bacon next time, too:-).
Source: What’s Gaby Cooking (If you want to find some amazing avocado recipes beyond the guac check out Gaby’s blog!)
- 1 /12 lbs Ground Chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion (I have used green and yellow onions)
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sandwich Rolls
- Combine chicken and next 8 ingredients. Form into 4-5 patties.
- Cook burgers over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve burgers with a good serving of Guacamole