I haven’t posted any sweets this month so I figured it was about time. After all, I am all about moderation. These Pecan Pie Bars taste just like pecan pie, but way better in my opinion because of the nice thick shortbread crust. The ratio of about 50% shortbread and 50% pecan filling is perfect in my opinion. We all LOVED these.
I know sometimes we think of pecan pie as a fall dessert, but I think these would be a great Valentine’s dessert with a little chocolate drizzled on top. But honestly they are perfect as is, too!
I have heard feedback when people make pecan bars that they stick or the filling hardened too much, but I didn’t have one issue with these. I would just suggest either using parchment paper or doing a good job making sure your pan gets greased all over and definitely in the areas where the filling is. You also don’t want to over bake these as that could cause some sticking issues. Honestly, I just used some baking spray and had absolutely no issues at all.
Pecan Pie Bar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add
- flour, mixing until blended.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt until smooth. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.