I have had lots of success with Weight Watchers recipes before and this Oven Fried Cod was really good, too. They are usually simple, but creative which can be challenging when you are cooking lightened up meals. So even if you aren’t on their plan it is definitely worth checking out some of their recipes!
If you aren’t a big fish eater, cod is a great place to start because it has a very mild flavor and it is easy to cook. (It also won’t make your house smell like fish like some other pink fishy friends….ahem, salmon I am looking at you……)
The tartar sauce was really good, too. I sometimes skip lightened up sauces because they aren’t worth the extra calories. This was worth it….plus cod kind of needs some tartar sauce in my opinion.
This Oven Fried Cod with Tartar Sauce is a great Weight Watchers recipe whether you are watching the calories or not. If you are doing WW this is worth 5 points and the tartar sauce is worth 2 more points for a total of 7.
- 3 cod fillets
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 30 garlic and herb flavored croutons, crushed
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream (I used greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the crushed croutons, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh parsley. Set aside.
- Dip the fillets in the egg and then into the croutons. Press the croutons into the fillets. Place the fillets in a small baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spray the top with more non-stick spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or depending on the size of your fillets until they are completely cooked. Run it under the broiler for a couple more minutes to crisp up the top.
- For the tartar sauce combine the mayo, sour cream (or greek yogurt), relish and lemon juice.