So, based on our calendar we have exactly one month until our pool opens. As LONG as the winter has been (even here in the south), it is hard to believe that the pool is opening so soon! For me, that means one last push to get into tip-top swimsuit shape (or as close as I can get.)
While getting ready for swimsuit season may mean a few less sweet treats on the weekends it definitely does not mean that we have to sacrifice delicious foods. This shrimp gazpacho is an example of eating healthy while still enjoying bold delicious flavors. I have a few more swimsuit friendly recipes to share and even a great sweet treat which I still can’t believe is healthy!
This shrimp gazpacho is a little different from the other gazpacho recipe I have on this site. Besides the obvious addition of adding the shrimp you also use Clamato which is just tomato juice flavored with clam juice. It is really yummy and it gives the gazpacho a different flavor that pairs perfectly with the shrimp. This would be great to serve to guests for a spring luncheon or summer dinner party!
This recipe calls for cooked shrimp. I tossed some peeled and deveined shrimp in a little olive oil, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning and Jim cooked them on our grill pan. Delicious!
- 64 fluid ounces tomato and clam juice cocktail
- 3 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 cucumbers, cubed
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato and clam juice cocktail, shrimp, avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- *Alternately you can puree half of the juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and cilantro in your blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.