We have tried a bunch of cookies while eating low carb and I think that we have settled on these as our favorite. Even Ella gave these a solid thumbs up and she doesn’t usually eat my Keto baked goods. Don’t they look delicious??Jump to Recipe
These chocolate chippers are from the Blog Fat for Weight Loss, which has a LOT of really good recipes including this Keto Ramen and these Cinnamon Donuts – Yum! These cookies are buttery and nice and soft with a tiny bit of a crispy outside layer. Perfect in my opinion. Plus, you really don’t need any weird ingredients which can sometimes be frustrating when you are doing low carb baking. The only one you might not have is optional – Xanthum Gum. I do have and and use that quite a bit as a thickener so I would definitely suggest buying some if you are eating keto/low carb.
My husband, Jim, loves his chocolate chip cookies so I’m sure we will be making these over and over again.
Recipe from Fat for Weight Loss (updated slightly) – check out his blog for lots of delicious Keto recipes and tips.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener I use Lakanto or Erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips – I use Lily’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt Butter in the microwave – let cool slightly but should still be warm. Add the Monkruit or Erythritol and beat until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 15 more seconds.
- Combine Almond Meal, baking powder, salt, and Xanthan Gum in a bowl. Add to the wet ingredients mix until everything is well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make 12 good sized cookies. Press the dough down slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- You will need to let them cool before removing from the cookie sheet.