Something about a veggie heavy dinner in summer that makes me so 😀. I was slicing up some cukes last night and thought about the cucumbers in sour cream that my mom always made. I stopped eating it because she uses full fat sour cream and was so happy to think it would be a perfect Keto salad for that very reason🙌🏻💕🥒!
To make the salad, slice your cucumbers and salt pretty welll. You can salt them and then drain, but if I’m trying to get this done quickly, I just salt😊. I cut up one English cucumber (I didn’t peel, but you can if you’d like.). Add a few tablespoons of sour cream, a few splashes of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and dill. I used fresh, which is ideal, but dried is fine if that is what you’ve got😊. Slice up some red or sweet onion. Taste and adjust all of this to your liking. I find with salads like this, it’s easy to mix, taste, adjust. Pop it in the fridge to let it chill before serving ❄️.
My girls have always loved this and will pick at it as soon as I make it – it’s that good.
Cucumbers in Sour Cream
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 small red or sweet onion thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh Dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- Pepper and additional salt to taste
- Slice cucumbers (peel if you would like) and toss them in the salt. Allow to drain in the colander in the sink for about 15 minutes to get rid of excess moisture. Rinse.
- Combine sour cream, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and then add cucumbers, onion and dill. Adjust seasonings to your own taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours and serve.