|Fried Apple Pancake Rings|
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium apples pared and cored
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients together for a few seconds. Then combine the beaten egg with the milk and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. You will still have some lumps.
- Slice apples crosswise into ⅛ inch slices. (I actually left the skins on, but the original recipe has you pare them.)
- Melt some butter or spray some Pam over a griddle using medium heat.
- Dip the apples into your butter using a toothpick. You may want to use a spoon to get the batter evenly distributed over the apples.
- Place coated apples onto the griddle and fry until lightly browned on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/10/30/fried-apple-pancake-rings-2/