|Thai Fresh Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce|
- Summer Rolls
- 8 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 Carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 Cucumber cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup Thai Basil cut in a chiffonade
- 2 oz rice vermicelli or bean threads
- rice vinegar
- Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed in garlic press
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- For the spring rolls....
- Have all of your veggies prepped and dried thoroughly.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain and then dry noodles on a paper towel. Toss with a few splashes of the rice vinegar.
- To assemble spring rolls soak the wrapper in warm water for 3-5 seconds. Lay flat on your work surface and cover the lower third with some of the vermicelli, carrots, cucumber and basil. Fold the filling over once so it is completely nestled in the wrapper and then fold each of the ends in (like you are rolling up a burrito.) Then roll the rest of the way as tight as you can without tearing the wrapper. Let finished rolls sit, seam side down on a plate.
- Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
- To make the peanut sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and ginger until fragrant and then add remaining ingredients. Cook until thickened and then cool in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/11/07/thai-fresh-summer-rolls-spicy-peanut-sauce/