- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (plus a little bit more for dusting)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients with a whisk and the cut your cold butter into chunks into the flour. Cut into your flour mixture until it is the size of peas.
- Add the buttermilk and then mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Your dough should be very wet so if you think you need to add a little more buttermilk go ahead.
- Place your dough onto a floured surface and then pat it out until it is about ½ inch thick. Do not use a rolling pin for biscuits.
- Fold your dough over 5 times (just like you are folding a piece of paper.)
- Using a biscuit cutter, make rounds. Just use an up and down motion do not turn your bisuit cutter from side to side.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the tops.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/11/22/buttermilk-biscuits/