- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 or 12 muffin pans (depending on how big you want them.)
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, baking powder and salt) and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Combine the banana mixture with the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons four and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter with a fork until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkler topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/01/17/banana-crumb-muffins/