|Pasta and White Beans with Broccoli Pesto|
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 2 mins
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into 1 inch pieces (4 cups)
- 10 ounces short pasta (I used penne)
- 5 teaspoons EVOO
- ¼ cup finely grated parm with some more for serving
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley leaves (I didn't use this because I didn't have any, but would try it next time with)
- 1-2 small garlic cloves
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- Cook broccoli until tender about 4-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer broccoli to a food processor. Boil water again and add pasta according to directions. Drain and reserve 2 cups of the pasta water for later. Return pasta to the pot.
- In the food process add oil, parm, lemon zest and juice, parsley and garlic. Process for about 2 minutes until nice and smooth. Add to pot with the pasta. Add enough water to this to make the sauce nice and creamy. Stir in the beans and heat until everything is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parm.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/01/19/pasta-white-beans-broccoli-pesto/