|Bran Muffins - A Healthy Breakfast Option for Carb Junkies Like Me!|
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup sugar (I used a ¼ cup splenda)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bran cereal (I used bran flakes)
- 1¼ cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (I added this)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the bran flakes and milk. Let sit for about 2 minutes until the cereal is nice and soft. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the cereal mixture and mix just until combined.
- Portion into 12 muffin tins coated with cooking spray. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/01/29/healthy-bran-muffins/