Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 2 mins
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- Oil for frying
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 12 eggs
- Cojita or Monterrey Jack cheese (amount to your preference)
- A good handful of Cilantro - chopped
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil
- Chop all of your veggies into a nice even dice. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry tortillas until they turn a bit crisp. Remove and chop into 1 inch squares
- Mix eggs in a bowl with half and half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat saute onion and pepper in butter and oil mixture. Once the veggies are slightly tender add the jalapeno and tomato. Add the fried tortillas and mix in with the veggies. and then the egg mixture.
- Turn down the heat and add the eggs stirring gently to combine with the veggies and tortillas. Finally add the cheese and cilantro. Serve once the eggs are nicely set.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/02/12/migas/