- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 prepared pie crust (we usually use a graham cracker crust, but a pastry crust would work well, too)
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 oz. package strawberry jello
- Freshly whipped cream
- Cut stems off strawberries and leave whole or at least in large pieces. Place in pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Continue on low heat for 2 minutes until it thickens and is clear.
- Add jello to mixture. Stir and pour, while hot, evenly over strawberries. Chill until set.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/05/26/fresh-strawberry-pie/