- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 green beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups shredded green papaya (I found this pre-shredded in my local Asian market)
- ¾ lime
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes (halved) and 1 tablespoon dried shrimp (I didn't have either when I made this but ideally I would have liked to add at least the tomatoes.
- Ideally this salad is made using a mortar and pestle, however, I don't have one as I am sure many others don't. I used the bottom of my meat tenderizer and gently crushed the ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. This seemed to work ok.
- In the bottom of your bowl smash the garlic clove. Add the green beans and tomatoes (if using) and pound them to bruise them slightly. Add the remaining ingredients and use the pestle (or whatever tool you are using) to mix the ingredients well by pushing into the bowl.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/05/31/thai-green-papaya-salad/