|Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo|
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat-free half and half (I used half skim milk and ½ half and half)
- 4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
- ⅔ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup artichoke hearts (optional)
- ½ lb. cooked pasta
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil - julienned
- In a large sauté pan cook onions and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
- Chop the bell peppers into smaller pieces and add to the sauce. Stir the parm in and continue stirring until it melts into the sauce. Pour mixture into a blender and purée.
- Place cooked pasta in the pan. Toss with a little olive oil and crushed red pepper (if desired) and then add the sauce back in. Stir and finally add additional parm, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/06/05/roasted-red-pepper-goat-cheese-pasta/