- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 c. mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Round loaf of pumpernickel, rye or sourdough bread
- Squeeze spinach until dry (get as much water out as you can.
- In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions.
- Refrigerate in a covered container at least two hours.
- Cut a hole in the center of the round of bread and remove bread. Cut the bread from the center into small 1 inch cubes. You may want to have one extra loaf of bread cut up in squares so you won't run out.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/11/01/spinach-dip/