|Oreo Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars |
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (I used half all-purpose and half white whole wheat (King Arthur)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups Oreos cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8X8 inch pan. You can line the pan with foil and then spray if you want to make it easier to remove the bars from the pan.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with a whisk to get everything combined.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars until very well combined. Add peanut butter and continue to mix for another minute. Add egg and vanilla and mix for one more minute. Carefully add the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix..
- Fold in the chocolate chips and Oreos and combine until evenly distributed throughout your batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is a nice golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Recipe by Becki's Whole Life at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2012/11/18/peanut-butter-oreo-blondies/