|Trisha Yearwood's Slow Cooker Pork Loin|
- 2½ to 3 lb pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, ginger, dried thyme, and black pepper. Rub the seasoning over the surface of the pork loin. You can also sprinkle with some salt as well.
- In a skillet heat the oil and brown the pork loin on all sides (you can omit this step if you are in a hurry.)
- Transfer the pork to the crock pot.
- Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, and soy sauce; pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- After cooking, transfer the roast to a plate and keep warm.
- To make the gravy, pour the liquid from the crock pot into a measuring cup. Skim off the fat. Measure two cups of the liquid, adding water if needed. Transfer to a sauce pan reserving ½ cup of the liquid. Stir the cornstarch into the reserved liquid, then stir into the liquid in the sauce pan. Heat, stirring frequently, until the gravy is thick. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the roast with the gravy.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2013/07/23/trisha-yearwoods-slow-cooker-pork-loin/