- 8 ounces mushrooms - the original recipe uses cremini and I used white mushrooms cut into quarters
- ¼ cup minced red onion - green onions would be yummy, too
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and trim stems of mushrooms. Place in a saucepan with cold water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix together onion, garlic, parsley, vinegar and oil. Toss mushrooms in oil mixture and thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but I found that these really tasted best the next day.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2013/08/27/marinated-mushrooms/