|Slow-Cooker Asian Beef Short Ribs|
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 beef short ribs (about 4 pounds)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In the bowl of your slow cooker combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, red pepper and short ribs.
- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 7 to 8 hours,) until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Transfer the short ribs and carrots to plates. With a large spoon or ladle, skim the fat from the cooking liquid and discard.
- If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Whisk into the cooking liquid and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil. Spoon the sauce over the short ribs and vegetables and sprinkle with the scallions.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2013/09/03/slow-cooker-asian-short-ribs-2/