- 1 pound bacon - cut in half
- 2 packages kielbasa - cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- dash of cayenne pepper - optional
- toothpicks to secure bacon
- Sweet Hot Mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a baking rack on top. Spray the baking rack with cooking spray.
- Wrap each piece of kielbasa with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Leave a little space on the top so you can fill in with some extra sugar mixture.
- Combine the sugar, chili powder and optional cayenne pepper. Roll each piece in the mixture and sprinkle a little bit extra on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and ensure that the bacon is nice and crispy. Let cool slightly before devouring.
- We served these with some Trader Joe's Sweet Hot Mustard for dipping - but they are really good all by themselves, too.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2013/10/01/sweet-bacon-pork-shots/