|Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies|
- 2¼ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch - *optional
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (like Medaglia D'Oro, or similar)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy - about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing until combined after each addition
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, optional cornstarch, cocoa, baking soda,espresso powder and kosher salt. Combine with a whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix until everything is just incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and combine either slowly with your mixer or with a wooden spoon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or rounded spoonful place dough on a cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes and then remove to a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.
- *I add cornstarch to make the cookies a little bit fluffier. The original recipe did not use cornstarch.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2013/12/06/double-chocolate-espresso-cookies/