|Lightened Up Veal (or Chicken) Marsala|
- 1 pound veal scaloppine (can also use chicken breasts pounded very thin)
- ¼ cup flour, divided
- ⅔ cup beef consommé
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dredge veal in 3 tablespoons of the flour. Combine 1 tablespoon of flour with the consomme and whisk until smooth.
- melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add veal cooking about 1-2 minutes per side*.
- Remove veal from pan and add Marsala. Deglaze the pan and then add consomme, salt and mushrooms. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat allowing to cook for another 3 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the sauce has thickened. Return veal to the pan and sprinkle with parsley.
- *If you are using chicken instead of veal it will probably take longer to cook through. Just make sure it is completely cooked depending on how thin you can get it.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2014/01/04/lightened-veal-chicken-marsala/