|Zuppa Toscana - Olive Garden Copycat|
- 2¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- ½ pound spicy Italian sausage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine cream and broth in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice the potato into ¼ inch slices. Quarter the slices and then add to the pot.
- In a separate pan cook the sausages. Once fully cooked slice about ½ inch thick and add to the soup.
- Add the salt and pepper and then simmer soup for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- This serves 2 people and can easily be doubled.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2014/01/27/zuppa-toscana-olive-garden-copycat/