- 1 pie crust
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 1-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I used 1 tablespoon as I didn't want this to be too lemony)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the sugar and flour in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and next 5 ingredients into flour mixture. Pour into an uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until almost set, shielding edges with aluminum foil after 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 1 hour.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2014/06/02/southern-buttermilk-pie-2/