|Beer Steamed Shrimp with Spicy Cocktail Sauce|
Author: Becki and Jim Jacobs
Jim usually steams the shrimp while I whip up the cocktail sauce. We enjoyed this during an afternoon of football!
- 1 bottle of beer (we used Sam Adams Oktoberfest)
- 1 lb deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons Horseradish
- 1Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Put Beer and Bay Leaves in the bottom of a pot that has a steamer basket. If you don't have a pot with a steamer basket you can also boil the shrimp right in the beer. Bring to a good simmer.
- Sprinkle Old Bay over shrimp and add to the steamer basket or into the simmering beer mixture.
- Steam or boil shrimp until they turn pink and become firm. Probably about 6 minutes.
- For the Cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients from Ketchup to the Old Bay Seasoning. Combine and enjoy!
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/09/21/beer-steamed-shrimp-spicy-cocktail-sauce/