|Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes |
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Combine buttermilk and water.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe by at http://www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/09/20/chocolate-buttermilk-cupcakes-vanilla-buttercream-frosting/