I am trying to give you all some flavorful and healthy recipes this month – because I know everyone is trying to be good right now:-). This is a salad that I could eat once a week. It is an adapted recipe from Pioneer Woman and Iowa Girl Eats and possibly Epicurious.
I made a very similar recipe last year and I could have sworn that it was from Epicurious. However when I went to dig up the recipe I could not for the life of me find it! I knew it had flank steak, noodles and spinach. It was also Asian flavored. But for whatever reason I couldn’t find the darn recipe. So, I searched through some of my favorite blogs and found two recipes – one here and the other here.
I think what I love most about this recipe is that it is a noodle and green leaf salad. I get my pasta and my salad all in one meal! The sweet/salty soy dressing and marinated flank steak is just perfect and somewhat addicting – especially when you kick up the heat a few notches with the sriracha – YUM!
You can serve this with all of the ingredients cold or you can serve it while the steak and noodles are still slightly warm. This wilts the veggies a bit which I love.
As I am writing I am thinking about the different combinations you could do with this. You could swap out the flank steak for chicken or even tofu. You could swap out the green onions for some fried onions or even some thinly sliced red onions. I might also like this with some cashews or water chestnuts. Wow, I am getting hungry and I need to stop thinking about this salad.
Seriously, you need to try this one – sooo good!
- 1 Asian Flank Steak Recipe - Prepared
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ bag of baby spinach - washed
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- red or yellow pepper - sliced into thin 2 inch strips
- 3 green onions sliced thin (white and green parts)
- Chopped Cilantro
- handful of sunflower seeds
- Cook flank steak according to directions here. Slice into thin strips.
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Slice peppers and green onion. Chop cilantro.
- To put salad together place spinach in the bottom of your salad bowl and then add pepper and green onions. Place pasta and steak on top of your vegetables. sprinkle with cilantro, sunflower seeds a sriracha if desired. Add dressing and toss to coat evenly.