For anyone else who has little girls what would your response be if I asked you what the word “Obsession” was currently reminding you of???
How about RAINBOW LOOM???? Anyone?? I’m sure there is someone out there who knows what I am talking about. Ella and Taylor (and ALL of their friends) are completely obsessed. We were at the park for a picnic yesterday with about 4 different families and most of the girls brought their little Rainbow Loom kits with them. Fishing and Rainbow Loom kind of day. I guess there are worse hobbies that they could be obsessing over, but when I have to check book bags to make sure their looms aren’t being smuggled to school I think we have a problem.
This is a great slow-cooker recipe and an easy way to try beef short ribs if you have never cooked with them before.
Here are some other great short rib recipes if you would like some more ideas……..
Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine – Becki’s Whole Life
Tomato Braised Short Ribs – Sheknows.com
BBQ Beef Short Ribs – Confessions of a Picky Eater
Short Ribs with Tagliatelle – Giada De Laurentiis/Food Network
Source: Real Simple
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 beef short ribs (about 4 pounds)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In the bowl of your slow cooker combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, red pepper and short ribs.
- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 7 to 8 hours,) until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Transfer the short ribs and carrots to plates. With a large spoon or ladle, skim the fat from the cooking liquid and discard.
- If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Whisk into the cooking liquid and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil. Spoon the sauce over the short ribs and vegetables and sprinkle with the scallions.